Updated: Jun 11, 2020
Replace the bags and boxes of bad for you stuff that have been causing you to gain the "quarantine fifteen" with this list of purposeful pantry staples that has been curated to help fight fatigue, reduce inflammation and combat the underlying symptoms of stress that may be causing you to have the wrong kind of comfort food cravings!
(Check out our article about what your cravings might be trying to tell you here!)
15. BLACK PEPPER is rich in piperine, which helps to protect against damage to cells.
14. COCAO has been show to boost levels of serotonin, endorphins, phenylethylamine (aka the "love compound") and tryptophan in the brain and boost better moods.
13. DRIED HERBS are rich in protective polyphenols that have been shown to have exceptional antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
12. LOCAL HONEY contains a blend of local pollen, which can strengthen your immune system, and reduce allergy symptoms.
11. NATURAL SEA SALT is full of necessary nutrients and trace minerals that play an essential role in many of our body's vital functions, including nerve function and mental health.
10. GARLIC contains sulfur, a natural chemical element that has been proven to help remove toxins from the body.
9. GINGER is loaded with gingerol, a powerful antioxidant linked with improved immune function, better digestion and reduced inflammation.
8. COCONUT OIL helps aid in the absorption of fat-soluble components like magnesium and other essential nutrients.
7. CHICKPEAS are great source of magnesium and potassium, both of which are essential to proper nervous system function.
6. MACA contains flavonoids that have been shown to help reduce anxiety and alleviate feelings of depression.
5. ALMONDS are packed with a potent mix of fiber, nutrients and protein that have been shown to help reduce fatigue and feelings of hunger between meals.
4. IRISH ROCK MOSS is loaded with antioxidants and iodine that help support healthy thyroid function.
3. TURMERIC is rich in adaptogens that help the body to balance hormones, combat symptoms of stress and improve depression.
2. WILD CAUGHT CANNED SALMON is an exceptional source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids which are needed to maintain brain health and other vital functions.
1. BONE BROTH contains glutamine, an amino acid that has been proven to help heal the intestinal barrier and improve gut health, which in turn provides essential support to many functions of overall mental and physical health.
Follow us on social media @moodfoodwellness!